Here is an easy method to turn a portrait into a pencil drawing.
- Open the image you want to turn into a pencil drawing.
- Right Click on the photo layer in the layer panel, and select Duplicate Layer.
- Now Click on Create New Adjustment Layer button and select Hue/Saturation
- Move the Saturation slider to -100
- Select the top layer out of the two portrait layers and set the blend mode to Color Dodge
- Now Press Ctrl+I on your keyboard.
- Now go to Filter ->Blur->Gaussian Blur and adjust the setting until the portrait looks like a pencil drawing.